Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy #89: Cultivate your personal joy.


Women in Barcelona, Spain--dancing the Flamanco for a captivated crowd.

If you read the last two posts, you've read the words of two important people in my life. Gene and Harriet Hatch.

In their thoughtful counsel, they offered wisdom to live by. Distilled down, they said trust God and cultivate personal joy.

During my scripture study this morning I was profoundly moved by the truth and simplicity of their wisdom. If you knew them, you would understand why their words carry so much meaning for me. They are what they represent, so the extension of their counsel comes from a very real place.

I likely speak for my entire community when I say I'm ready for spring to arrive in Salt Lake City, Utah. Trusting God, hoping to clearly see the vision He has for me (thank you, Wendy), seeking His peace and ways to serve, spring is a good time to turn attention to the joy and happiness part of the equation. I think it's all found in the same place anyway.

The pictures below are of two older women (in their 70's, maybe early 80's) who captured an audience. I couldn't help but think of Harriet's advice (that I'm young now but in about three days I'll be 80) when the first woman began dancing to the music. Another joined her and they danced together. It moved me to tears.

Take a look at the pictures. In the zoom I've done for you, look closely at the musicians and people. Everyone was right there in the experience with them. In joy. It was beautiful.







Happy #89 is purely: Cultivate your personal joy. Seriously consider what makes you happy and brings you joy. Then do MORE of those things!! Because we do, afterall, get more of whatever we're focused on...

It's time for spring.

Let the sun shine in. : )

And if you need a laugh, check out these California Billy Jean Dancing Seniors giving a tribute to Michael Jackson. It's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment