Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy #83: Remember "And it came to pass."

I need a beach with soft white sand, sunshine, palm trees, and the blue green water of tropical islands. Seriously. NEED...

I think you do too. Wanna know how I know?? Because EVERYONE seems to be in a funk lately.

I've been shocked by the number of people who have shared this with me over the last few weeks. Post holiday blues, winter wallows, and general blahs seem to be common and prevalent. Almost everybody I talk to seems to be wrestling with a hovering cloud.

So I've been thinking about it, have increased my exercise to compensate (and actually feeling pretty good as a result so I highly recommend it...), have tried to up the greens and reds in my diet (and I'm not talking about the fully decorated Christmas tree still standing in my front room), drink more water, etc., etc., etc., and tonight I read something that blessed me with the hope of spring.

It's from my friend Peggy's blog. In this post she talks about her experience with this year's winter. In her last paragraph she makes a reference to the snow looking like glitter. That got me, loving things that sparkle like I do. She had me at sparkling. ; )



So I'm sharing this, my favorite paragraph from her post, and including her link so you can read her writing for yourself.

(For those of you who are new to the online writing/publishing venue, when you see text in a different color such as THIS, you click on this highlighted text to get to the link. So fun.

Peggy writes, "Last week I was in a 4th-grade classroom, where my job was to walk around the room and help kids with their math. This particular teacher plays classical music during math time, and she also has an abundance of wise and happy thoughts on every wall in the room. I kind of want to be a 4th-grader in her class. On this particular day, it was very cold and gray, and it was snowing outside, but I felt warmth, peace, and hope. When I looked out the window, I noticed that the snow that was falling was so fine that it looked like glitter, sparkling as it drifted down. I could not see the sun, so I was puzzled by where the light was coming from. It struck me that enough light must be getting through the gray to light up the snow. I think I just didn’t see it before, because my focus was on my fear of the dark. Suddenly every single thing I need to do in the next six months was illuminated in my mind, and I did not fear it. I knew that spring was not far off. Winter would pass, as it always does, and I might even miss it when it was gone."

I loved that. "Winter would pass, as it always does..."

So Happy #83 is simply a reminder to remember, "And it came to pass."

Whatever it is.

It passes. It can't last.

So if for you it's sadness, or the winter blues, or worry, or whatever, it will pass.

And if you have joy and well-being, grab it and hang on. Try to make a memory with it that will serve you the next time you're waiting for winter to pass.

And hope for spring.

Then pass it on.

Thank you, Peggy. :D

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post--thank you, thank you, I really needed it. :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete