Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy #71: The Five Basic Tools for Happiness


I love these whales. They make me happy. : )

Do you remember what you were thinking right before you looked at this photograph? Ok, maybe your brain is working better than mine does most of the time. ;) My point is, you're likely thinking something different now. (Even if you could remember what you were thinking before...)

Changing your mind is key when it comes to happiness.

I've taught my children five basic tools to feel better when they don't. Because our feelings follow our thinking, I believe it's important to take accountability for our thoughts when we want to feel better.

It's a good time to review, since I've been referencing these principles/tools in my posts lately.

The five tools are these:

1. Find something to be grateful for.
2. Find something to look forward to.
3. Take care of yourself and get some sun. (Find something to eat, water to drink, get some exercise, get some sleep.)
4. Find something to do. (Work, fun, anything!)
5. Find someone to serve.

In essence, they all do the same thing. They get you thinking differently than you were a moment ago and they get you doing something.

So take accountability.

And get busy.

Just do it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment