Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy #72: Happy is as happy does.


Here I am in Edinburgh, Scotland--a priceless little jewel I found while visiting Scotland a month ago.

Edinburgh is incredibly beautiful and full of the placemaking charm I aspire to create with my work. It's remarkable. I loved it there. LOVED it. It's one of the places on earth everyone should visit. (That may be the little Scottish girl in me talking, the one wearing my family tartan kilt, but I'm just saying...) Needless to say, I'm going back soon. Did I mention I loved it? :-)

Every experience leaves it's print. And I can't say enough about the importance of making memories and filling your life with the adventure it requires to make them. But I'll say this with brevity: it's always worth the effort. Always. (Even when those plans don't turn out how you expected. Sometimes especially when those plans don't turn out how you expected.)

My train ride to Edinburgh, the discovery of this remarkable place, and the memories I made there lift my heart and mind every time I remember.

I try not to look back at life. But I find remembering happy times to be of value. Especially when it involves helping me move forward in creating something to look forward to and in making more meaningful memories.

So Happy #72 is this:

Make happy memories. Or at least remember the ones you have.

Dream a little. And make a plan. Then have a new adventure and make a memory.

Because happy is as happy does. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment