Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy #25: Feed your mind.


Albert Einstein inspires me. He thought beyond what society prescribed at the time.

Years ago I read something he said that struck me deeply. Words to this effect, he said few people think with their own minds and aspire to original thought. I tried to find it online. Unable to find the exact quote (though I found one close to it and equally as meaningful), here are a few of his other gems:

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein (Let me be so curious...)

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." Albert Einstein

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Food for thought.

I've been thinking about strengthening today. Having taken my personal physical strength for granted (not something I realized I was doing), I'm thinking now about how to approach change. I believe whatever we're able to do to strengthen ourselves (body and soul) begins with what we do to inspire and enlighten our thinking.

So feed your brain.

Because your body follows your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment