Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy #43: Grow Something.


I've been growing these vines in a vase of water on my kitchen window sill since September of last year.

They started as twigs. No leaves, no roots. I expected long stringy white things to show up at the ends of the branches.

But in the sun and with plenty of water, the twigs sprouted these beautiful little roots balls of red and white and green. It's like looking at Christmas in a cup. :) And I've been charmed watching this unusual root system develop in front of me.

Under transparent conditions, it has been a blessing to watch them grow. I've loved it. I can hardly wait to plant my grown with love vines in soil and start them climbing on the red brick of my adorable little Tudor house.

So here's my Happy #43. Since it's spring...

Grow something. Begin with twigs or starts or seeds. Give them water and sunshine and watch life happen.

Because new life is exciting.

And it's a good reminder that it's never to late to make a new life of our own.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment