Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy #39: Cultivate the art of the note writing.


I was in Washington DC about this time last year. And just in time for the National Cherry Blossom Festival. DC has deep meaning for me. And I loved being there when the cherry blossoms were in bloom. It was spectacular.

But we're not talking about that right now.

What I would like to talk about is the art of note writing.

Today I finally got something into the mail that I should have mailed a LONG time ago. (Matt, please forgive me.) I'm terrible about paperwork and even worse if it involves going to the post office. Which is why I sent my beautiful Juliet to do it for me...

But it got me thinking about mailing things and this delightful little stack of note cards I bought in DC during my last visit. My intention was to send them off, surprising unsuspecting recipients with a gesture of loving kindness. Which I haven't. And the cards still sit neatly stacked in their ever so charming little cherry blossom box. Waiting.

Someone left me a little gift the other day. On my doorstep. With a handwritten note. I was touched by the time she took to a. leave the gift, and b. hand write the note.

So here's my happy suggestion for today:

Hand write a note of love to someone you've been thinking about.

And MAIL it. :)

We seriously underestimate the power we have to make each other happy.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment