Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy #38: Feel the hope of Spring.


I heard something in a movie not too long ago that has stayed with me. The film was P.S. I love You. Kathy Bates (playing the mother) was talking with her daughter (played by Hilary Swank) about being alone. She said, "If we're all alone, then we're all together in that too."

I've thought about this a lot. Possibly because I've had quite a bit of time alone lately. Or maybe just because it resonated with me. I don't know.

Anyway, I posted a video of the song Imagine (from the TV series Glee) on my Facebook page awhile back and again today after my friend Christy also posted it. I love it. (And thank you Christy.)

The song gives me hope. It reminds me that we're all here together. And that we're not alone. No matter how alone we feel.

Someone out there reading this blog is feeling alone right now. I'm sure of it.

So whoever you are, this post and this song is for you. (You'll have to go to my Facebook page and play it from there...)

You're not alone, you are loved, and you are enough.

And it's Ok to feel like you're under water sometimes. The sun can still shine in. :)

Happy Spring.


(Tulip immersed in water above. Primroses outside my door below.)

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing on the dot! I love that quote from PS I love you as well, ever since I first saw that I remind myself of that anytime I walk into a room full of new people. haha. I'm glad we're all human and feel some of the same emotions, and look at how many people love to read what is going on in your life... you are never alone in spirit Kathleen... we are all here to share this great world with you no matter where in the world we may be ;)
    Ps... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already said it from the cabin, but to return the sentiment, you are loved by this Texas boy. Thanks for keeping up with this wonderful blog. :)

    ReplyDelete