Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy #34: Own your heart.


I recently experienced a cardiac event that has changed my life.

Forever.

And believe me, this surprised me more than anyone.

One of the follow-up procedures was a stress test. The cardiologist wanted ultrasound images of my heart beating before and after a work out to see how well it was (or wasn't) functioning. So I was hooked up to machines and put on a treadmill to run up hill until my heart reached 160 beats per minute. Sustaining this heart rate long enough would help the doctor see what my heart was doing under stress. Hence: stress test. ;) Up hill? 160 bpm for 6-10 minutes? Exhaustion.

And I was in pretty good shape before all this happened...

Anyway, as I was being hooked up to the monitor for the run, the doctor said, "Kathleen, your heart puts out electrical currents. It emits a frequency, a wave of energy that we can capture when you're connected to this machine."

I was struck by this. I've been thinking a lot about how our brains transmit a frequency of energy. So to hear that the heart also transmits energy was fascinating to me.

Without boring you with the details of my processing, I'd like to offer this:

Your heart? Belongs to You. It beats for YOU. And while it may be true that our hearts want to pulse an electrical, vibrational wave out there to the Universe looking for another heart to beat in time, our hearts beat for our own lives. Duh.

So love yourself. Capture your own amazing, beautiful, powerful heart and feel it beat with life for YOU.

Maybe if we could love and accept ourselves a little more, own our own hearts, and do a better job of loving and accepting ourselves, we could do a better job of loving and accepting others.

Own your heart.

Because it beats for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment