Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy #12: Have a good cry.


Recently a friend taught me that sometimes it's enough to be just be Ok. That you don't always have to feel great. That sometimes there's a middle place between not-so-great and great where it's Ok to be, well, just Ok. Important lesson.

To that I would like to add that sometimes it's Ok to just flat out bawl. Just let the tears go. Let the mascara run down your face. Don't worry about what you're wiping it on or who's watching.

Because sometimes there are things worth crying about. And oddly, after a good cry you can find your way back to "Ok".

So when you need it, I highly recommend a good cry. Highly.

You'll feel better. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I would say it's more than okay to cry...it's great to cry. Sometimes. It's essential. Sometimes things well up, they pile up, until the only thing left to do is cry. I encourage people to cry every now and then. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete