Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy #20: Move your hot self.


It was a beautiful spring day in the Pacific Northwest. Seagulls, cherry blossoms, jade green grass, and sparkling water by day. Clear sky, twinkling stars, and the moon shining on frosted glass by night.

This morning's sun shining in through the cottage windows was irresistible. I had to get outside. But not until I had thoroughly enjoyed a lazy arrival to the day.

My neighbor Kiki stopped by for a visit and we were talking about how making a change with what we do can change how we feel.

We talked about how we attach to thoughts/thinking, feelings, people, situations, things, etc. and she mentioned we tend to hold onto whatever we are "stuck" in and/or on until we do something to "move our energy". I shared my thinking that when we change the physics of our being (person, place, or thing) with action, we change our physical state. Our energy state. Which changes how we feel.

When we're stuck in (or attached to) something--our thinking, our feelings, a relationship, a situation, an environment, some mental process, etc., all it usually takes to move us out of that place is to change whatever it is we're doing and/or thinking.

You know, a body in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by a force... ??

And sometimes all it takes is a run. Or a bike ride. Or if you're my friend Mary, a horseback ride.

Basically it goes back to what my cousin Donna taught me about ten years ago. (And I've been saying it ever since.) She said, "Nothing changes until something changes. And when one thing changes, everything changes."

So as far as I'm concerned, it's enough for me to say this: Move yourself. Your hot self. Your this, or that, or whatever. Your stuff. Your junk. ;-)

And I mean that in the best possible way. There are several layers there to choose from. Lol.

But I do mean it with all the love in my heart. You know that, right? :-)

Just do it.

1 comment:

  1. You seriously (seriously) should consider writing a book with all these happy thoughts! It would be a bestseller (and no, I'm not kidding--you are a terrific writer). :)

    ReplyDelete