Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy #22: Trust God.



When I was closing up the cottage in WA to come home to Salt Lake City, several stray pennies surfaced. It seemed like they were showing up everywhere, and out of the blue. I thought what I always think: Trust God Kathleen.

Here's why.

A penny is a small and simple thing. It is the least means of our monetary measure. Which may be why people let go of it so easily.

On it's own, it seems worthless because you can't buy anything whatsoever with a single penny anymore. In fact, it costs more to make the penny than the penny is actually worth.

But inscribed on this small, seemingly worthless piece of copper are the words, In God We Trust.

And somehow for me, seeing a penny here and there in unusual places and at unexpected times has come to be a gift. And this little bit of worthlessness has found great worth with me. Because when I see it, I pick it up. And I read the words again about trusting Him.

A penny is a good reminder. Which I really needed right now. Which may be why there were so many pennies in the Cottage. :-)

We never really know anything for sure with life. But we can trust the process of life.

And we can trust God.

1 comment:

  1. Love this as now whenever I see a penny, I will think of trusting God. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete