Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy #18: Share the love.


My daughter Juliet spoke with me this morning about her gratitude for her brother Jackson. She said, "He is the most incredible brother Mom. He is just the best brother anyone could ever have. He always calls me and sincerely wants to know how I'm doing. He's always encouraging, he always listens, he doesn't judge. He always has something sincere and positive to say to make me feel better about myself or about my life. He's so inspiring to me."

A few minutes ago I read Kelsie's blog. And this is what I found. It's also about Jackson.

SOUP
"This week I made soup. I made it from scratch, without a recipe, completely by taste.

Today I had a horrible day. The kind of day where you feel awful the minute you wake up and the hours follow suit in a sort of drone, ticking slow and sad.

Towards the end of the day, I got a call from my older brother. I was working and unable to answer, so he left a message. I don't listen to messages all that often, but for whatever reason, I decided to check it.

"Kelsie, I'm at mom's house, and I am eating this soup that you made. This seriously... is the best soup I've had in my entire life, restaurant or otherwise."

Perhaps it sounds a bit ridiculous, but his message saved me. In an instant, my soul was lifted completely, up from dreary doldrums and into sunny sky.

You never know when something you say could change someone's entire day."

Genuine and sincere praise is felt by the heart.

Share the love.

Because you never know when something you say could change someone's entire day. :-)

And Jackson, I'm proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment