Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy #5: "You have to know what brings you Up."



Many years ago I was having a conversation about happiness with my friend Dirk when he taught me a valuable lesson. His words stayed with me and are worth sharing. Dirk said this: "You have to know what brings you up. Then you just have to do that."

Seems simple, right? But do you know what brings you up? What makes you happy?

I didn't at the time. To illustrate his point, Dirk shared an endearing little story about whistling. But I was drawing a blank. Clearly I had some work to do.

Figuring out what makes you happy, what "brings you up" tells you a bit about yourself. Which is important. Because if you don't know what makes you happy, how can you expect anyone else to know?

Just saying...

Bring on the bubbles. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Reminds me of Peter Pan. Gotta find your happy thought if you're gonna fly. :)

    - Austin Swafford

    ReplyDelete