Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy #19: Pay attention.


While I'm typically characterized as being the eternal optimist, you should also know that I am incredibly, exceptionally skeptical. It's true. I believe almost nothing of what I read. Very little of what I see. And even less of what I hear.

Surprised?

Anyway, I tell you this because recently I read something I decided was a. worth paying attention to, and b. worth taking note of in case I ever needed to help someone.

I read that for a bee sting if you immediately placed a penny on the sting and held it firmly for 10-15 minutes, the copper in the penny would draw out the venom, leaving the one stung painless in the aftermath. No small thing. Who really knows how to effectively treat a bee sting??

Yesterday Juliet was stung by a bee. I told her to grab a penny and hold it tightly on the sting. And 15 minutes later she was pain free. It worked!

Maybe the tip was just unusual enough to get my attention. Maybe because it held the opportunity to help someone feel better, I remembered. I don't know.

But you never know when something is going to come across your path right before you need it.

So it's good to pay attention.

1 comment:

  1. With Spring around the corner, this is good advice...especially since I have three rambunctious children who love to play outdoors! :)

    ReplyDelete