Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy #2: Get outside with your eyes Open.



This afternoon I was driving back from Lynden, WA after meeting with Edaleen Dairy. As I drove along I was struck by the beauty of the freshly greened landscape. (Rain will do that...) The evergreens were wrapped with a swirl of delicate clouds that wound through their tops like a ribbon. The fields were a mix of straw and emerald and the barns were Barn RED. It was beautiful.

Looking to my left for oncoming traffic (no stop sign), I passed through a country intersection. And out the corner of my eye I caught the most majestic little mirror. It was just a tiny farm house pond. With a weeping willow tree. And a pasture. And a split rail fence holding back a barking black Lab. But it grabbed me. Then it stopped me.

I wouldn't have missed it for anything. And I wouldn't have seen it for anything if my eyes hadn't been open. Really Open.

So here's Happy #2. Get outside with your eyes Open. Really open. Wide Open. Enjoy mother earth. Drink her in.

All we've got is what we've got while it's going by. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."

Enjoy.

P.S. Yes, I stopped and took that picture. Actually, about 36 pictures. But who's counting? (It takes a few to get a great shot.) This one was the first picture I took. Figures. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. Unfortunately, mother nature seems to have caught a bit of a cold down here of late. But, with all the rain we're getting, spring should be astonishing. I can't wait. I might have to submit some pictures of the bluebonnets down here in Austin for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is SO perfect. What would you charge me for a framed 8x10?? Because you totally could. Charge me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete